Ginger and Jonathan discuss the interior struggles and rewards that go along with your creative practice. We discuss Ginger’s transformative residency at MASS MoCA and the nature of frustration and breaking through. Toss in the lyrical concept of Begeisterung (be-spirited-ness), the use of metaphor to examine the world, curiosity and processing your world through the lens of creative practice and you’re in for a laugh-a-minute thrill ride. Just make sure your coffee is in a spill-proof mug.
- About Writing: Seven Essays, Four Letters, & Five Interviews by Samuel R. Delany
- Review of Jeff VanderMeer’s Wonderbook over at Tor.com
- Emily Dickinson at the Poetry Foundation
- Open archive of Emily Dickinson’s work (sign up required, but it’s free)
- “The Thoreau of the Suburbs,” article by Diana Saverin in The Atlantic. A fascinating, in-depth look at how Annie Dillard came to write Pilgrim at Tinker Creek.